On seasons...and where there is room for me

I am distinctly aware of the seasonal shift; mornings are darker and there is a chill now that definitely wasn't there a few weeks ago. We came back from holiday late in August to sunny days, where bare legs were still a possibility. Now, the weather is starting to close in and I am mentally preparing myself for the long British winter. Elements of it I love; the Sunday roasts, fire-lit evenings, the glut of autumnal apples from our small orchard. But the dark mornings and the cooler days, along with the rain, can make it a hard season to endure. I think I was made for living in the sun. Now as the seasons ebb from summer to autumn, I notice that my mood also shifts. More inward-looking and with the addition of extra time on my hands; it's a pensive but good time.

via cox and cox
My life experiment continues. Breaking from the normal work patterns has been just...wonderful! Not because I disliked my job, but because my need to be good at it (and juggle everything else) was so wearing. A spate of hard work can be good for the soul; to maintain it for ten years is a mistake. Well, it was for me anyway. So now there is time. I am making the most of every moment.

I wanted to write about what is happening with L'Apothecary. As with all new things, we have needed time to bed in and to develop. Paula has been working on new blends; oils that have skin-solving attributes and in-built natural goodness. Our lab is bursting with different sized brown bottles and new packaging possibilities. My mind is inventing product names and descriptive blurb as I go about my daily life. I notice that when it's your own business, the whole emphasis is different. How can I capture it? It's always with you. Always in your head.

via cox and cox
When I started with this business I didn't know where it would go. It was impossible to judge. There are days when I think that in every household there should be a bottle of L'Apothecary oil, for use wherever it is needed! Other days I wonder if I am deluding myself that I could break into this industry and have a place in it. A good friend told me there is room for me in the beauty market - and I like that sentiment....

via elsa may

On seasons...and where there is room for me Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown