Wants, reads and notices...

Isn't it lovely that Spring is here? Is it here or is it approaching? I think it's here. Daffodils especially make me smile when I see them. So deprived are we of flora over the winter months. I do this every year, I emerge from Winter as if I have been in hibernation.


I have one of these friendship bracelets and now I want to give one to everyone I know. They are so delicate and sweet.

Can we talk about lingerie? For years I was a Marks and Spencer girl; Brits will understand this, a gazillion British women have grown up wearing M&S bras and it's been great. A few years ago a wise friend directed me to Marie Jo lingerie; absolutely exquisite items that are spookily comfortable and well-fitted. The outlay was high but I did invest and my 'habit' has grown from there. The prices make me wince but there is the view that we spend so much money on what we wear on the outside, why do we not lavish money on what is on the inside?! Comfort is all and the beauty of them in an added bonus.


After twenty years together I have finally accepted that my husband and I need a bigger bed! Lingerie? Beds? What more shall I share? We are having a 6 foot bed delivered tomorrow as frankly I need as much space as possible when I sleep. And there's the prospect of brand new linen to match. Heavenly.

We are going skiing to France next week with friends...this provokes the annual love/hate relationship I have with this pursuit. Love the mountains, fresh air, scenery, food; hate the black runs, the silly boots, the schlepping up the mountain. A break will do us good though...looking forward to it.

Some thought provoking blogging this week by my friend Alison at Cowparsley; a point well made. As often referred to here, one thing I notice about leaving my thirties behind is the creeping consideration that clothes must be appropriate for my age. Whenever I feel down about this I turn to the Nora Ephron book 'I Feel Bad About My Neck'. The ultimate in witty straight-talk. The final chapter in that book gets me every time; if ever you were hesitating in telling your best friend you love them, read this and do it now. My other go-to book when I want to feel better is 'Living Beauty' by Bobbi Brown. Almost guaranteed to make me see the good in my advancing years.


Another Alexander Technique lesson has revealed it's all about a pelvic tilt for me. Bizarre. But actually true. When my pelvis is in the right place, my shoulder stops hurting.

OK and on the topic of sex - I follow Joanna Goddard's blog and am often impressed by the range of topics she covers. Like this post about sex and this one. I like the honesty and I wonder: is this her or does she have an editorial staff thinking this stuff up? It's been well-documented that bigger blogs now have a team working behind the scenes and this makes me think how blogging has become so much more like reading a magazine article than understanding one individual's point of view. I like the latter; shouldn't a blog exactly be that: a 'web-log' - a diary?


And at the end of the day, I do still want to own an Equipment silk shirt. I keep coming back to it. I bought an imitation last year but it went back...sometimes you have to go with the cult item because it is the cult item. There is a reason an item has become a cult.

And it's the weekend, which is all good! Have a good one.


Wants, reads and notices... Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown