Back and go-slow...

I am returned from the mountains. I had the best time; we all did - it was one of those glorious family/friends holidays where everyone got on and everyone had fun and it all went really well. The weather was unseasonably warm so we skied in t-shirts and enjoyed lunches in the sun and my face is tanned like I have been to the Caribbean, but the rest of my body is post winter-appropriate pale. I have a love/hate relationship with skiing, having learnt as an adult I will never get that perfect shoop-shoop that others seem to have (those who learnt as children). But this time, with the fantastic visibility and wide open pistes and not too many people I finally got it. I got that lovely rhythmic feeling of the shoop-shoop. It rocked.

via inspiration lane
It was made all the sweeter by the inclusion of the chalet girl. What a treat to not have to lift a finger or cook or clean. I observed these girls with interest; their days not dissimilar to my normal housewifery activities. A whirl of bed making, wiping, preparing, clearing for the next onslaught. I have to say I basked in not doing anything.

We watched the film 'About Time' when we were away. If you want to feel love and be reminded to love - watch it.

Back and it's Easter holidays and my son turns nine today! I am so in love with my kids at the moment, we have had a good time lately altogether. The thing he wanted the most for his birthday? A digital watch, night-vision goggles and a football. What more does one need?!

The hint of spring is filling me with happiness and that bottled hope for a good summer. No sooner was the ski wear packed away did I start planning summer wardrobe items and dusting off sandals to be worn when it warms up.

Following inspiration from my friend Simone, I have started printing out life quotes and sticking them on mirrors and on walls around our house. Interesting response. Immediate one from my son about this one was: 'this means get off your gadgets and use your imagination doesn't it?' Hah. So maybe what I say (on repeat) does filter in?!


And so, post-holiday everything goes on. The bags get unpacked slowly and thoughts turn to what is ahead when the children return to school in a few weeks. I like the summer term, in fact I like everything about summer. We now have a countdown (as Boo keeps reminding me) to her getting braces on her teeth (14 days), to when we go to see One Direction again (51 days) and when we go to Florida (82 days)...yay for that.

Back and go-slow... Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown