What's really going on...

Singing in the car to One Direction's entire back catalogue. Feeling wistful at the Zayn parts.

Cindy Crawford in the Taylor Swift video. She rocks; Cindy as well as Taylor.

Friday night curry - our mainstay.

More driving around than I know what to do with. Crossing the border between British counties two times a day whilst repatriating my children from friends. I haven't seen any of MY friends! Half term week is the pinnacle of the drop off/pick up.

Embracing growing up. Theirs, not mine.


Watching 'The Affair'. Thinking about it afterwards.

Book club with the mothers. Always an education.

Skim-reading for aforementioned book club; a skill I learnt at University and one that has stayed with me.

Buying plain tops that will get me through the summer from Me and Em - wardrobe staples?

Absolute trepidation about the building work. Abrupt change of builders. Worry and more worry.

Deciding to be a grown up. Then wishing I was 20 again.

Reading about 'Generation Z' - oh-so-scary.

Missing 'Generation X' - Ethan Hawke and Winona Ryder in 'Reality bites'. Hello, you've reached the winter of our discontent. Secretly wishing I had worked in Gap and could fold clothes professionally. Singing 'My Sharona' at full volume in public places. Oh how I didn't recognise the importance of the my late teens/early 20's when they were happening.

Assessing whether the change that occurred in me at 40 was profound. I think, yes, it was. I can't think of another life milestone (except possibly bringing my first newborn baby home, circa 2001) when I felt the tectonic plates shift beneath my feet. I have to say, it made me THINK completely differently about EVERYTHING! My whole perception changed. Still acclimatising to the change. Do I like the change?! The point is - you have to BE the change. Excuse the CAPITALS.

Relapse of jaw pain; trying to be brave. Feeling like my body is failing me. Wondering if there is link between previously mentioned 40 year old mind and this affliction. Can't imagine I would have had muscle tension in 1995.

Wondering whether I need a new dress.

Cricket whites that are no longer white.

Trust.

Flowering wisterias that hug the house.

Always earl grey tea.

Pondering whether mineral and vitamin supplements really work?

Thinking I should eat more healthily? But still loving white, buttered toast.

A return to running - then realising that running is not that great for me physically. Sticking to yoga. Sign of the times!

Happy Saturday.


What's really going on... Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown