Things of beauty...

A lovely writer I know suggested that I've arrived at Dog Island. I have indeed and it's a place I think I should have moved to a long time ago. That's not to say that this week hasn't been challenging; coinciding the first proper week back at school with getting a puppy was perhaps ill-advised. However, I have embraced my new role as puppy mother and spent my days shuttling to the vet, devouring dog advice books (I am the leader of the dog pack) and mastering simple puppy commands. It's a whole new world to me...

Seeing the reaction of the children has been fascinating. I made the decision that getting a puppy was a bit like going to Disney; you should do it when children are still young enough to 'get' the magic of the whole event. Aged 10, Boo is perfectly placed to love and have responsibility for another being and even in these early days I can see what a leveller it's going to be for her to have a pet. So for all that it makes our mornings chaotic and despite the fact that I have trailed around my garden with a 'poo bag' (whole new vocabulary) in hand, it's been a good week.

The season is subtly changing; dewy mornings with an autumn chill and sudden darkness before 8pm show how summer is ending. As ever, the prospect of winter boots and open fires is alluring but I know come January I will be longing for sun on my skin again.

by Braedon Photography
via tinywhitedaisies
photograph by Olivia Graham
...simply gorgeous...little ballet shoes.



by Natasha via Beautifully Suddenly

Oscar de la Renta via The Bottom of the Ironing Basket


Vanessa Arbuthnott from house to home



I just really like this whole look....via crush cul de sac


...Empire state...via from me to you

via 79 ideas
Have a laid back weekend...

Things of beauty... Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown